Appeon for PowerBuilder 2016 GA version for Windows&JP and Unix/Linux (EN&JP) have been officially released!
Posted by Katty Luo on 25 November 2016 05:00 PM
We are excited to announce to you that the Appeon for PowerBuilder 2016 GA versions for Windows&JP and Unix/Linux (EN&JP) are officially released and available for downloading! We add some new features in this version and below we would list the main new features.
A quick look at the main new features included in the Appeon 2016 GA versions for Windows&JP and Unix/Linux (EN&JP):
1. Before you upgrade to Appeon 2016, it is strongly recommended that you read the important instructions at https://support.appeon.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/166/8/instructions-and-notes-for-upgrading-appeon-from-an-earlier-major-version-to-a-higher-major-version.
2. Please close PowerBuilder and stop your application server (for example IIS, WebLogic, etc.) before installation.
3. Please get the proper installation package from the link below and then perform Appeon 2016 setup; please make sure all the components (Appeon Server, Appeon Developer, Appeon Workspace) have been upgraded together.
4. After the installation, please verify the product versions to make sure you have all pieces successfully upgraded: you need to start your application server and verify that AEM still works and displays the version Appeon for PowerBuilder 2016 Build 1102.00, and you also need to open PowerBuilder and verify that the “Get Support” icon also displays Appeon for PowerBuilder 2016 Build 1102.00.
5. Redeploy apps in a “Full Deployment” mode: once you have all the pieces upgraded, you now would need to do a “Full Deployment” of your applications to the upgraded Appeon Server to refresh all the old application files.
*EN stands for English version, JP stands for Japanese version.