PowerServer 2020 GA version for Windows/Unix/Linux has been officially released!
Posted by Appeon Support on 03 April 2020 02:06 PM
We are excited to announce that PowerServer 2020 GA version for Windows/Unix/Linux is officially released and available for download!
New Features and Bug Fixes:
A quick look at the major new features included in this release:
For more new features and detailed information, please see here.
For bug fixes, please see here.
1. Before you upgrade to this Appeon PowerServer 2020 GA version, it is strongly recommended that you read the important instructions.
2. An SHA256 hash code is provided for each installer. Please use the SHA256 code to verify the integrity of the downloaded installer file: You can get an sha256sum program from the Internet (for example, at http://www.labtestproject.com/files/win/sha256sum/sha256sum.exe), and follow the instructions of the program to compare the SHA256 value of the downloaded installer file and the SHA256 value that is provided for the installer.
3. Please close PowerBuilder and stop your application server (for example IIS, WebLogic, etc.) before installation.
4. Please get the proper installer from the links below and then perform Appeon PowerServer 2020 setup; please make sure all the components (Appeon PowerServer, and Appeon Workspace) have been upgraded together.
5. Please upgrade PowerServer Toolkit to version 2019 build 2170, or version 2020 build 2323, for working with this PowerServer version. You can get the required PowerServer Toolkit from the latest PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Installer. Note that you must have a PowerBuilder CloudPro license to use PowerServer Toolkit.
6. After the installation, please verify the product versions to make sure you have all pieces successfully upgraded: you need to start your application server and verify that AEM still works and displays the version Appeon PowerServer 2020 Build 2323.00, and you also need to open Appeon Workspace and verify it also displays Appeon Workspace Build 2323.00.
7. Redeploy apps in a “Full Deployment” mode: once you have all the pieces upgraded, you now would need to do a “Full Deployment” of your applications to the upgraded Appeon Server.
2. If the PowerServer (AEM) becomes inactivated after upgrading to PowerServer 2020, please click here to activate it.