Appeon New User Guide
A simple troubleshooting tips with hyperlinks for Appeon novices
This book is intended for the user who is the first time to learn and use the Appeon product.
This book lists the most commonly used general troubleshooting tips (only with hyperlinks) for Appeon beginners.
Troubleshooting tips concerning Appeon installation, Appeon Developer, Appeon Server, and Appeon plug-in installation is introduced in this book.
Troubleshooting tips with hyperlinks helps new Appeon users in locating existing solutions quickly in the tremendous articles either in the Knowledgebase in this Support Center or in the Appeon online help. Users only need to take a quick look at the categorized troubleshooting symptoms in this book, find a match if there is one, and then click the corresponding hyperlinks to view the details.
There are eight chapters in this book.
Chapter 1: About This Book
Chapter 2: Set up the Environment and Install Appeon
Chapter 3: Configure, Deploy & Run the Application
Chapter 4: Configure Appeon Server
Chapter 5: AEM Configuration
Chapter 6: Package & Distribute Native Mobile Apps
Chapter 7: License
Chapter 8: Appeon Performance Tuning
1. When you get an “Installation Incomplete” error during Fileservice install on Windows 2008, please read the article here.
2. When the Application Profile Name and the Web URL cannot be changed during the Appeon Mobile install with the package that made by the Developer Package Tool, please read the article here.
3. When you need to clear up the Appeon components for a reinstallation, please read the article here.
4. When you get the Error 0x80040702 please read the article here.
5. When you failed to run/install MSI files in Windows 8/8.1, please read the article here.
6. When you get following error please read the article here.
Restart IIS Server
Internet services successfully stopped
Internet services successfully restarted
""C:\inetpub\Virtual Sites\ecommerce.ghberlinwindward.com\Appeon\iiswebappeon.vbs" was not found."
""C:\inetpub\Virtual Sites\ecommerce.ghberlinwindward.com\Appeon\apppoolmanager.vbs" was not found."
Register .NET Framework
Start installing ASP.NET (4.0.30319).
Finished installing ASP.NET (4.0.30319).
7. When there’s not noting occurring when you try to install Appeon Workspace from browsers on iOS 9 devices, please read the article here.
8. The installation path of the Appeon server cannot include any SPACE character, for more details please read the article here.
9. Here are the notes for you when upgrading the Appeon version.
10. To fix the "error 1603: A fatal error occurred during installation" please read the article here.
11. Click here to get the Tutorials for Installing Appeon Plug-in on Multiple Web Browsers.
Click here to get some notes for your reference when configuring your PB application in the Appeon Developer.
Please refer to the article below to configure the Web client PC.
1. When you want to change the Web application title, please read the article here.
2. If you want to remove Appeon ActiveX and components from IE, please read the article here.
3. If you run into the error when downloading/installing the Appeon plug-in, please read the article here.
4. When you want to clean up Appeon Plug-ins from IE, but you cannot find them in IE for some reasons, please read the article here.
5. If you do not know how to remove the Appeon plug-ins from Chrome, FireFox, etc, please read the article here.
6. If you want to Axis2 Web Services with Appeon for PowerBuilder, please read the article here.
7. When you get a “Library used incorrectly” error, please read the article here.
8. When experienced the slowness problem during accessing the Appeon web application in (Series Content Services) Load balance environment, please read the article here.
9. When experienced the error "the special application's config cannot find" during accessing the deployed application, please read the article here
10. When you experienced the incompatibility issue (inconsistent versions) between Appeon Server and Appeon Developer, please read the article here.
11. When you get the error “Appeon Xcelerator plug-in cannot be loaded”, please read the article here.
12. If you want to access the web application only via the domain name, please read the article here.
13. If you want to test the Appeon Web application with LoadRunner, please read the article here.
14. When you get an error like “Appeon Debugger cannot correctly load the JS file since it is over 500KB in size”, please read the article here.
15. If the temporary table cannot retrieve the data, please read the article here.
16. If you want to provide GPS abilities for the user when running from the Web, please read the article here.
1. When you get the error “cannot install application because the certificate for *** is not valid”, please read the article here.
2. When you failed to download the Appeon Workspace via the AEM login page, please read the article here.
3. When it cannot return the current location on iOS 8 devices, please read the article here.
4. For How to trust enterprise developer profiles in iOS 9 please read the article here.
For details about how to configure the Appeon server cluster, please refer to the article here:
Database Connection Setup
The steps for configuring the database for an Appeon-deployed application are the same as the steps for configuring the database for a PowerBuilder application. However, the way the database server is accessed is different: a PowerBuilder application directly accesses the database server via transaction object(s), while an Appeon-deployed application accesses the database server via Appeon Server data sources.
Therefore, setting up the database connection in AEM is the key step to make the Appeon-deployed application work.
If you are using .NET server please refer to the instructions below to set up the database connection.
If you are using J2EE server please refer to the instructions below to set up the database connection.
Here are the instructions to configure the timeout settings in AEM.
You will need to go through the following tasks to package and distribute the Appeon Mobile app as a standalone native iOS app.
Compared to iOS apps, the steps for packaging and distributing the Android apps are a lot simpler. Once you package the app files using the Appeon Developer toolbar, you will get an Android application package (APK) that can readily be distributed using any approach, including publishing in the Android app marketplace such as Google Play, or serving the app from a Web site or emailing the app directly to users.
Therefore, you need to go through the following two tasks mainly.
After you purchase the product, you will need to activate Appeon Server for permanent use.
Each copy of Appeon Server can only be activated on one machine. If you want to activate an Appeon Server on a different machine, you would need to de-activate Appeon Server on the previous machine first and then activate it on the new machine.
If you upgrade your product key or the Appeon product version, you need to upgrade your license either.
The Support tool enables you to view the valid product support period, which starts from the day you place the product order and expires in 1 year later. You can renew the support before or after the license expires, and apply the renewed license to extend the support period.
Click here to find more details about the Appeon performance tuning.