Experienced the error in uploading DataWindow SQL when deploying application to the Appeon Server
Posted by Appeon Support on 19 March 2014 04:16 PM
Running into the following error in the Appeon Developer wizard when deploying the application to the Appeon Server for WebLogic/WebSphere/JBoss/JEUS.
X 09:19:19 Errors in uploading DataWindow SQL.
And when you check the Appeonsever.log file and you will see the following error.
And when you check the Appeonerror.log file and you will see the following error.
The length of the DataWindow object name supported by the Appeon DB is 50 by default, so when the length of the DataWindow object name is over 50 then the information of DataWindow submitted to the Appeon server by the Appeon developer will fail.
For example, the error stated in the Phenomenon above is for the DataWindow object whose name is dw_appeon_demo_employee_status_completion_total_cs_manager (its length is 59).
Follow up the steps below to modify your PB codes to resolve this issue.
1. Change the datawindow object name to a shorter string which is less than 50. For example, you can change dw_appeon_demo_employee_status_completion_total_cs_manager into dw_emp_status_completion_total_cs_manager.
2. Redeploy your application.
Follow up the steps below to modify the length of DWNAME column in Appeon DB to resolve this issue.
1. Backup the appeondb.script under the %Appeon Server home %\appeon\repository\%your_instance%\db folder.
2. Modify the value highlighted below to a suitable value.
The original scripts are shown as below:
You need to modify them into the followings:
3.Restart your application Server.
4. Redeploy your application.